Removing a program from your windows installation may seem pretty basic for some but for many it is a big leap and full of trepidation.
Often time’s outdated programs can cause issues with the proper functioning of the machine. Lately we’ve seen bulk installs of bloat-ware (programs you don’t want) by malware programs. Whatever your reason the steps below and the included video will help guide you through uninstalling program in windows.
- Click start in the lower left corner of the screen
- Find and click on “Control Panel” to open
- For Windows XP users find and click on “Add / Remove Programs” to open
- For Vista, W7 and W8 users
- Look to the upper right corner of screen
- Find and click the “View By” drop down arrow
- Choose “Large Icons”
- Locate and click on “Programs and Features” to open
- Find the program you want to uninstall
- Click on it one time
- Windows XP users should see a Remove or Change Remove icon
- Make your choice and follow the on screen directions
- Vista, W7 and W 8 users should find the uninstall button at top of screen
- Click the “uninstall” button and follow the on screen instructions